The Custodian performs various cleaning tasks to provide all staff and patrons a safe and clean environment by maintaining standards of cleanliness, sanitation and freedom from hazards and infections.
Pay Range: $12.00 to $14.50/hour
Part time hours: 12 to 20 hours per week
- Sweep, clean, mop, and scrubs floors.
- Vacuum all carpeting and pick up trash.
- Dust and wipe surfaces and other equipment.
- Empty waste baskets and replace liners.
- Clean and sanitize toilets, sinks, and urinals.
- Cleans shower walls, floors and locker areas.
- Refill all restroom dispensers as needed.
- Clean glass doors, windows and mirrors throughout the building.
- Other janitorial duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of basic janitorial duties and responsibilities is very helpful.
- Maintain a neat appearance.
- Attend periodic training and safety meetings.
- Must be able to anticipate and solve custodial issues.
- Must be punctual and self-motivated.
Current shifts available:
- Sundays 10:15 am to 2:45 pm;
- Saturday shifts 9 am - 1 pm, 1pm - 5pm, and 5pm - 9 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 5-9 pm
- Shift hours are subject to change.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- 6 months of experience in janitorial work desired.