Supervises and performs custodial, maintenance and repair functions. Assists with some supervisory functions.
Six (6) months of experience related to the duties of this position. Supervisory experience preferred.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
- Supervises and participates in the daily cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of assigned facility.
- Verifies all cleaning procedures and materials are appropriate and comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Monitors the operation of assigned facility's heating, lighting, plumbing, ventilation and air conditioning system and report irregularities to facility director or immediate supervisor.
- Performs building security tasks by locking or unlocking doors and windows, arm or disarm the facility's electronic security system according to building protocol.
- Schedules and performs regular cleaning tasks on carpet, upholstery, strip and re-waxing floors, and other non-daily tasks.
- Performs exterior building maintenance tasks such as snow removal, window washing, graffiti removal, and the clearing and cleaning of roof drains, gutters and downspouts.
- Schedules and conducts regular employee staff meetings to respond to inquiries, concerns, and to discuss projects and assignments to be scheduled.
- Prepares and posts weekly work schedules to accommodate facility activities and coordinate large cleaning and maintenance projects.
- Monitors custodial supply inventory and usage to maintain adequate stock and to help with budget monitoring.
- Employs safe work practices, following all safety measures, policies and rules for parks and recreational facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations during non-assigned work hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.