$27.76 - $ 37.41 DOE
POST certified SFO, BCO, and One Year Corrections Experience Required
The position offers full-time Salt Lake County benefits such as Public Safety retirement through Utah Retirement Systems (URS), health insurance, paid sick and vacation time, tuition reimbursement, and the camaraderie of working with your friends and neighbors to protect and improve our community.
Maintain security, safety, and order of facility and assigned work area.
• Respond to any call for assistance from other officers.
• Inspect, clean, andmaintain all Sheriff’s Office equipment used in the line of duty.
• Successfully complete a minimum of 40 hours annual in-service training that meets or surpasses the minimum standards.
• Receive and safely keep all persons committed to the jail.
• Process all newly arrested or convicted persons.
• Maintain and update files.
• Perform local, state and National Criminal Information Center (NCIC) warrant checks on all incoming prisoners.
• Recall and serve warrants.
• Thoroughly search all incoming prisoners.
• Monitor and supervise prisoners and physical condition of area.
• Document prisoner movement, meals, problems, serious prisoner violations, actions, etc.
• Search prisoners, their personal items, cells and other areas of the facility as needed.
• Distribute food, clothing, sheets and blankets.
• Transport prisoners to and from courts, medical care facilities and other agencies.
• Coordinate efforts in all jail areas during emergencies; communicate with staff and outside agencies.
• Respond to dangerous situations to protect life and property.
• Investigate as needed by gathering evidence, interviewing victims, witnesses and suspects. Protect all aspects of a crime scene to preserve its evidentiary value.
For any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 385-468-9890
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
"While working for the Sheriff's Office, I feel I have become a better person and am more fulfilled in my life. I work with caring people who I can now call lifelong friends. The most impressive part of my job is all the different areas in that I can work, depending on my interests. There is a need for all types of people in this field of work, and the result is diverse and exciting. This is a great opportunity that provides knowledge and experience that is useful for a lifetime." - A current Salt Lake County Corrections Deputy
Must be POST Certified SFO and BCO
Minimum one year experience required
Must be a U.S. citizen or have lived in the country for at least five years and have legal authorization to work
Must be at least 19 years of age by the date of hire
Must be a resident of the State of Utah at the time of hire
Must possess a valid Utah Driver's license at time of hire
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Must not have any disqualifying criminal history. Details can be found on Utah Department of Public Safety's website.