Receives, tracks, and delivers library materials. Allocates incoming shipments, controls inventory, and
generates reports. Operates a County truck to deliver materials according to a designated route.
One (1) year of related experience and training in a dock or warehouse environment.
- Drives truck on residential streets and freeways to make deliveries according to a designated route.
Organizes dock/delivery area to eliminate safety hazards, ensure cleanliness, and proper placement of
materials for delivery.
- Receives inventory, sorts, unpacks, and examines incoming shipments. Verifies accuracy of shipments via
packing slips, documenting and reporting all shortages, damages, and discrepancies
- Unloads and stores inventory in appropriate bins, shelves, and pallets, and rotates stock.
Routes materials and corresponding paperwork to appropriate destination.
- Prepares materials for shipment via freight carriers or internal delivery carriers, inventory control records;
approves packing slips, and delivery paperwork.
- Pulls and delivers orders using hand truck, carts, or pallet jacks as needed.
Generates electronic reports of all internal and external shipments.
- Loads and unloads delivery bins, boxes, and other items. Sorts bins and shift materials, to maximize space
and organize truck interior as needed.
- Inspects vehicle, checking lights, tires, horn, emergency equipment and exterior for damage. Reports
equipment damage or failure. May perform minor maintenance tasks on delivery truck, as needed. Fuels
and cleans vehicle.
- Operates pallet jacks, trucks, or other light equipment to move library materials in warehouse and for
- Assists with other departmental functions, as needed, to cover absences or equalize workload.
- Methods and procedures for shipping and receiving, storing, controlling, distributing, and issuing supplies in a large facility
- Ability to input and manage data on a spreadsheet
- Standard safety practices in lifting and storing materials, and operating machines
- Defensive driving techniques and Utah traffic laws
- Vehicle maintenance procedures, needs and mechanical operations
This position is open until filled. We will review resume's as they come in.