Ensures that Arts & Culture patrons are safe and satisfied with their experience. Works to support the smooth operation of house staff and assists the House Manager. In this position, a positive attitude and exceptional customer service skills are key to helping provide venue patrons with a positive experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Arts & Culture ensuring a welcoming & inclusive theatre environment for all patrons.
- Provide excellent customer service while assisting patrons with seating, questions, ticketing issues, directions, problem solving and enforce all theater policies.
- Provide assistance to our patrons with special needs. i.e. wheelchair assistance, mobility issues, Deaf and Hard of Hearing guests.
- Perform all duties in this high pace environment while maintaining a friendly, professional and calm manner.
- Act as Assistant ffor the House Manager, report any and all issues and concerns.
- Oversee and mentor ushers in job postings and tasks. Assure they are successful at performing their duties.
- Monitor physical surroundings prior to and throughout events for safety, cleanliness and functionality.
- Assist in the event of any emergency response.
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
Essential Knowledge and Qualifications:
- At least one year of customer service experience.
- Ability to perform physical activities, such as climbing stairs, lifting boxes of programs, walking, scanning tickets, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs repetitively.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to the duration of a shift.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, including ability to maintain composure under stress. Comfortable answering usher and patron questions and patience to resolve service issues.
- This position requires employee's flexibility for Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
An "At Will", FLSA non-exempt employee who is not eligible for County benefits and who must work an average of 29 hours or less per week or an average of 129 hours or less per month.
- Must work an average of 29 hours or less per week or an average of 129 hours or less per month.
- Are not eligible for County benefits except as otherwise provided for by policy.
- Are not considered merit employees.
- Are "at will" employees who may be terminated for any reason, without notice, and without a pre-termination hearing.