Works directly with Division Director to assist in leading, and execution of administration and management for the division in accordance with general policies established by the Salt Lake County Mayor, County Council and the Community Services Department. Supervises and administers the division’s financial, fiscal and administrative functions with primary responsibility for annual budget process. Focuses on internal operations of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Accounting or related field plus six (6) years of related experience of which two (2) must have been supervisory; OR an equivalent
combination of related education and experience. Education may not be substituted for the required supervisory experience.
- Monitors and manages the division's budget
- Works with the Fiscal Manager to compile, organize, prepare and validate the division June budget reopening figures
- Works with the Fiscal Manager to monitor budget costs and revenues of all programs and activities within the division.
- Calculates and apportions the annual budget among the division’s grants and contracts and prepares the annual division single audit to turn in to the Auditor’s Office.
- Serves as “Administrator-in-Charge” in absence of Division Director.
- Advises and consults with Parks and Recreation’s staff officers; in matters related to the operations maintenance and development of their respective areas.
- Assists in the overall leadership of the division by providing input in the areas of planning, staffing, program development, budgeting and total division operation.
- Assists with and implements strategic initiatives and goals for the division.
- Keeps the Division Director apprised of the organization climate, identifies problems, either actual or anticipated and provides consultative assistance.
- Oversees, directs, and provides continuous oversight for the development and operation of assigned programs.
- Assists with the development of, makes recommendations and implements policies and procedures necessary to the effective management and operation of the Division.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represents the Division Director, as needed, at community, council and city councils, Park and Recreation Advisory Board or County meetings, and/or public hearings.
- Evaluates and reviews current technology systems and services on and on-going basis.
- Manages, directs, and coordinates activities through managers and supervisors, which includes hiring, firing, promoting, orienting, training, assigning and reviewing work performance, annual work performance appraisal and discipline.