Fiscal Coordinator - Billing & Payroll
$41,640.00 - $62,460.00 DOE*
*All job-related experience must be included on the resume portion for it to be considered in the salary offer.
"Working for the Sheriff's Office has been absolutely wonderful. I have had a great support system from my direct peers and leaders along with others in the department as we are working in a team environment. We work together as one to make a difference and display positive example to all.” - Current Civilian
Performs a variety of fiscal support functions that may include purchasing, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and/or other fiscal areas.
Three years of related experience in purchasing, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and other related fiscal duties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required pre-employment background check and subsequent mandatory background checks in accordance with current County Human Resources policy requirements.
- Performs purchasing functions that involve processing purchase requests, verifying invoices, processing payments to vendors, maintaining documentation, and assisting other staff with purchasing activities.
- Closes monthly expenditures, reviews petty cash accounts, and conducts annual controlled asset audits.
- Coordinates purchasing details with vendors and monitors contracts and payments for compliance. Authorizes payments.
- Assists with preparing and processing payroll; answers payroll questions and provides training, instruction, and assistance to staff in payroll procedures and check distribution. Assists with benefit enrollment. May act as hiring manager.
- Assists the Fiscal Manager and administrative staff in preparing Division budgets and fiscal program development plans.
- Maintains fiscal and payroll records and performs back-up accounting functions.
- Performs Division-wide purchase card reconciliations and postings. Completes necessary Journal Voucher adjustments. Reviews for compliance with established policy and procedures.
- Reviews and submits paperwork for bid processes and tracks purchases until completed and paid.
- Process all purchase requisitions, obtain small cost purchase order numbers, process bid information,
forward invoices to the Auditor's office for payment.
- Maintains special accounts such as subscriptions and publications, merchandise receipts, pricing, travel,
education, etc. insuring proper documentation, authorization and adherence to fee structure.
Follow us on social media to learn more about our great team!