Providing housing navigation allows for an intentional, coordinated, and innovative response to identifying housing options and resources and offering systemic solutions to overcome housing obstacles. The Housing Asset Manager strategizes to connect housing navigation with targeted outreach and develops partnerships with landlords and other housing professionals to overcome barriers that prevent households from obtaining housing.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Economics or closely related field, plus four (4) years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Experience in Property Management preferred.
- Create and maintain a database of landlords and rental properties and the relevant selection criteria they utilize. Communicate updates to relevant community partners and stakeholders
- .Actively recruit and build relationships with landlords or property managers to expand housing options to individuals and families with rental barriers.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of services, programs and resources offered to landlords in various County communities.
- Partner with landlords to identify programmatic or procedural solutions to improve the partnership.
- Identify strategies and resources to mitigate issues with credit reports, utility arrears, criminal records, and/or unfavorable landlord references.
- Work with stakeholders and partners to develop and/or identify a set fair housing
- Coordinate with case managers, social workers, housing specialists, landlords and other community stakeholders in the work of assisting people with navigating systems when seeking housing to find the best outcomes for them.
- Coordinate with other County housing programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA)
- The range and network of housing services available to income-eligible families.
- Strong project management, communication and organization skills.
- Research and data collection methods
- Customer service techniques
- Public meeting facilitation and consensus-building
- Community outreach methods and techniques
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Federal, state and local funding sources for COVID-19 recovery