The Shift/Team Leader assists the Guest Experience Team Supervisors in directing and coordinating the Guest Experience Team (GET) on shift. This position will interact with guests as the first line of management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- One (1) year of customer service experience in a retail environment required.
- Must obtain a food handlers permit within the first 30 days of employment.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask successfully in a challenging environment.
- Proficient in the general operation of computers.
- Ensure shift deposits are verified, logged, and secured in a timely manner.
- Review and verify with employees all cash-out slips including refunds, P.O.s, and over/shorts.
- Track employee over/shorts and advise management of problems.
- Provide change to cashiers and be responsible for a “change fund.”
- May assist in regular bank runs to replenish the change fund.
SUPERVISE THE GUEST EXPERIENCE TEAM
- Assign GET stations and conduct pre-shift briefing for incoming staff.
- Act as a resource GET. Answer questions, provide direction and support.
- Fill shifts and operate a register as required.
- Complete the end-of-shift supporting documentation.
- Ensure staff have completed end-of-shift tasks as assigned.
- Complete end-of-day building closure and security procedures.
- Receive new merchandise. Direct staff in tagging and correct merchandising of products.
- Put excess stock in correct storage area.
- Ensure the concessions stand cleaning is completed after each shift.
- Ensure that Clark Planetarium guests receive outstanding service from staff.
- Be responsible for all activities of staff and guests in the absence of senior management.
Must be able to bend, flex, grasp and lift 30 pounds.