Assists in the design, architecture, development, deployment, operations, administration, training and support of key SharePoint and related low-code business solutions. Works closely with the end users and business analysts to implement and support SharePoint and low-code solutions for the county. Assists in the design, development, and management of site content and capabilities and provides daily onsite maintenance of existing SharePoint sites and integrated low-code solutions.
Ten (10) years of related experience OR a Bachelor's degree in a IT related field plus six (6) years of experience with at least three (3) of the six related to Microsoft SharePoint and/or Microsoft Power Platform or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Works with customers to identify opportunities to expand, enhance, and integrate the use of SharePoint and related Microsoft technologies within Salt Lake County, and execute those opportunities once approved
- Keep apprised of current and upcoming functionality across low-code technologies (Power Platform, Adobe Sign, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Respond to escalated incidents. Identify, track, and resolve associated problems within the low-code and SharePoint environments
- Engage with the County’s low-code community of practice. Teach best practices, consult on technical recommendations, etc. Author and maintain documentation and knowledge-base articles regarding the low-code platform
- Customize SharePoint using out of the box and low-code features to include apps, lists, document/form libraries, discussion boards, surveys, calendars, the ribbon, web parts, workflows, Power Apps according to best practices
- Perform SharePoint and Power Platform administration including managing permissions – restrict and revoke access as required. Create, leverage, and manage content types, site columns, lookups and templates for re-use in sites
- Determine and create scalable structure for top level, Department, Division, and branch sites and hubs. Ensure uniform navigation throughout sites. Manage search scopes and create project / document dashboards
- Assists in the establishment and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support the IT development standards
- Maintain the SharePoint environment to include revisiting and reviewing content to ensure business relevance. Customize and maintain landing page to encourage traffic and user adoption. Monitor site usage and follow up on dormancy on a regular basis. Monitor to ensure workflow and tasks are working correctly
- Support all activities related to the SharePoint environment operations, maintenance, integration, and improvement
- Works closely with the IT security team to ensure web vulnerabilities are protected through development and through the education of users
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA)
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of the function and makeup of Microsoft SharePoint.
- SharePoint Designer 2013, Visual Studio 2013
- Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Virtual Agents)
- Microsoft Dataverse
- Business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Project management and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources.
- Application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Best practices for maintaining information security