Here at Salt Lake County our Electricians are eligible for 13 paid holidays, up to 24 paid vacation days, 12 sick days, and a personal preference day every year, all paid! Electricians also have the opportunity for paid Maternity/paternity leave.
Our Electricians have an option for flexible schedules (4x10 or 5x8) with only local travel within the Salt Lake Valley in a County provided vehicle. Salt Lake County provides all tools and PPE necessary to do all our jobs. Come join our great team of electricians and enjoy your job every day.
Responsible for skilled installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of various electrical systems, controls and equipment located in around County facilities.
- Must possess a valid State of Utah Journeyman Electrician's License.
- Must receive a verified negative test result on a mandatory drug test before starting in this position. Will be subject to random alcohol and drug testing. May be subject to post accident and reasonable suspicion alcohol and drug testing.
- Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required pre-employment background check and subsequent mandatory background checks in accordance with current County Human Resources policy requirements.
- Installs, repairs, replaces, modifies, and tests new and existing electrical circuits, systems, fixtures, panels, switches, breakers, and controls located in and near buildings and structures utilizing Journeyman level skills.
- Troubleshoots problem areas and inspects for defective equipment and faulty wiring.
- Installs, repairs, modifies and programs various types of electronic controlled equipment at a Journeyman level.
- Uses and maintains various types of hand and/or power tools.
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs periodic maintenance and inspection of electrical distribution components to prevent premature failure and/or outages.
- Maintains and repairs specialized electrical equipment such as generators, Uninterruptable Power Systems, Lighting inverters and Power Correction Systems