Plans, promotes, coordinates, supervises, and evaluates youth and adult recreation programs and community events.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Recreation, Physical Education, Sports Science or other closely related field; Or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
- Possession of a valid Utah Driver's License within thirty (30) days of hire date to operate a Salt Lake County vehicle.
- Plans, promotes, and coordinates youth and adult recreation programs and community events.
- Identifies the needs and feasibility of current and future programs.
- Hires, trains, promotes, evaluates, disciplines, and terminates temporary employees and volunteers.
- Assists with preparing and administrating individual program or facility budgets as appropriate; monitors expenditures and payroll.
- Completes post-program evaluations which include patron feedback, program success and failures, program budget monitoring report, and implementation for future seasons/programs.
- Manages multiple programs at multiple locations simultaneously.
- Participates in job-related committees, sub-committees, and professional development activities.
- Purchases program supplies and equipment. Maintains and controls inventory.
- Provides effective customer service. Reconciles program and patron complaints and respond to sensitive issues with general guidance from the supervisor.
- Assures that program fees are collected.
- Completes assigned reports.
***This position will also provide adaptive recreation programs for individuals with disabilities as a part of their daily job duties.