Salt Lake County… A career with a purpose in the community you love!
Salt Lake County invites you to explore our exciting career opportunities. We seek highly enthusiastic individuals to enrich our County with your experience and talent. If you enjoy working in a team environment that is committed to changing the lives of its community, please keep reading.
What it is like to work here:
At Salt Lake County our culture is woven into all aspects of our work and our employees’ lives, from the way we treat each other to the way we support the community. To promote and foster a fun and healthy work environment, we appreciate employees through great benefits, a healthy work life balance and room to grow and develop.
Surround yourself with:
Peers who are motivated to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. We serve Salt Lake County and envision a safe and beautiful place for all to live work and have fun. Salt Lake County is about connecting people and championing our community. Community is more than a place... it’s our heart and service that bring us together.
We encourage a work life balance:
Working for Salt Lake County is more than just a paycheck. A career with /Salt Lake County includes several benefits and perks. We support our employees with 12 Holidays, up to 24 vacation days, 12 sick days and one personal day every year.
Additional Benefits include:
- Retirement options for hybrid pension/401(k) or 401(k) only with a 10% contribution
- Medical coverage including a 100% county paid premium option-Dental and Vision coverage including coverage for adult designees.
- Health Savings account with a county contribution up to $1200/year, Flexible Spending Account
- Long-Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- Professional Development
- Plus: Onsite medical clinic, childcare, and gym; hospital insurance, pet insurance auto and home insurance and discounts at County facilities.
Uses, maintains, and develops databases within a wide range of public and private databases. Designs, implements, and maintains all functions of database systems while maintaining database policies and procedures, data integrity, data extraction, report customization and analysis.
Seven (7) years of experience in a closely related field; OR a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, or other closely related field, plus three (3) years of related experience.; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS: MCDBA, MTA(Data), MCSA(Data), MCSE (data)
It is mandatory that all new hires receive the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis) vaccine before beginning employment or provide a copy of their immunization record prior to starting employment. The immunization record must show the vaccine name and date received.
Upon hire, a two-step Tuberculosis skin test will be required. The first will need to be placed prior to starting employment.
- Creates databases, configures, and manages system database files.
- Identifies available space on data volumes, identifies the cause of performance degradation.
- Resolves backup/restore incidents.
- Identifies problematic execution plans.
- Monitors current sessions, identifies sessions that cause blocking activity, identifies sessions that consume resources, and configures the data collector.
- Acts as a backup very large databases, configures alerting for failed backups, manages the process to back up database operating systems, manages transaction log backups, configures database recovery models, configures backup automation.
- Configures an audit on SQL Server, queries the SQL Server audit log, and manages a SQL Server audit.
- Creates an availability group, configures read-only routing, manages failover, and creates distributed availability groups.
- Configures database performance settings, configures max server memory, configures the database scope, configures operators and alerts.
- Deploys cloud SQL Database, creates databases and resources in cloud.
- Works with user accounts and roles, secures database objects.
- Manages database object permissions, creates, and maintains users, creates, and maintains custom roles, and configures dynamic data masking.
- Implements database consistency checks, identifies database corruption, and recovers from database corruption.
- Assists with planning an IaaS or on-premises deployment, selecting the appropriate size for virtual machines, planning storage pools based on performance requirements, helps evaluate best practices for installation, and assists in design of storage layout for SQL Server virtual machines.
- Manages deployments that support multiple tenants.
- Identifies and repairs index fragmentation, identifies and creates missing indexes, identifies, and drops underutilized indexes, and manages existing column store indexes.
- Supports the migration of databases from one environment to another.
- Configures log shipping, monitors log shipping.
- Performs all aspects of database administration including installation, upgrading, patching, tuning, support, backups, and troubleshooting.
- Implements safeguards necessary to protect the privacy of protected health information (PHI).
- Communicates with IT group to ensure proposed solutions are consistent with network standards.